Tuesday, 3 December 2013

16 Days Til I Return to California, But Who's Counting?

Three more days until the study abroad program is over.
We're in the last run of papers and speeches and work, and life is great. haha, actually last night I started freaking out because I was worried about how I was going to fit everything in a suitcase and where i would store it all when I travel for the next two weeks.
 
But besides my little freak out; goodness, my life is now what I always dreamed it would be when i was younger. what a magnificant thing to say. :)))) I'm able to travel, I have loving family and friends, and lover. :))
I honestly didn't think I would ever want to come back home after arriving in Europe, but i actually do. It's not that I don't like Europe (because I love it with my heart), but there are people back home I miss. And before I thought I wouldn't mind it so much...that's something I've really learned to value here: relationships. I'm so glad I've grown in that way, even if it means leaving this fantasy world I've been dreaming of for almost 14 years. :)
I'm embersing myself in the arts and realizing/confirming things I can live with and without. I am truly learning so much about myself and who I want to be, seeing so many examples from so many other cultures. The benefits of studying abroad and traveling.
I'm so grateful and excited to have this whole winter break off without any work!! It'll be the first time in two years (since senior year of high school) and I'll make sure to make the best out of it. :) Friends and family (and Chantel), expect some (more) adventures!!
I don't know exactly what is in store for me next, but I know it'll be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment