Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Practing Passions





Hip Hop, Latin and Ballroom, Art, Buda, Mountain Climbing, Fencing, Scuba diving, Language Exchange, Harry Potter, Gym and Trampoline, and a club involved in current events, called New Turn: those are all the clubs I am on the emailing list for, as of Friday, when the University of London Union had Fresher's Fare! An explosion of information and flyers about all the clubs and societies we can join during the semester.
 


 Back from the fare!


 “Cha, cha, one, two, three!” The rhythm of the music moved my hips from side to side and my face showed giddiness beyond belief.  I was on Dancing with the Stars, in my eyes! For two hours, forty of us sweated our passion onto our skin and danced away the night. (One of) my favorite moment(s) of the week proved to be Wednesday night when I had the opportunity to take Latin and Ballroom dancing for the  first time! I didn’t think it was possible, but it was even more fun than I expected. There’s nothing like dancing.

Students showing us the Viennese Waltz!
On most weekdays, I have class from 9am to 3:45pm and then have a society to attend in the evening for two hours, as well as societies on Saturday and Sunday. The first society I attended was Hip Hop on Monday evening—I was ecstatic! A group of my friends participated in the class and we all died together of heat and embarrassment. 

 Me and Laura practicing the first move of the dance!
And afterward, we were almost too sore to move. Hahaha, but even a better reason to enjoy the class and come back for more! The officers were very kind and swagger-licious. They are inspiring dancers. As always, I cannot wait until next time to dance. 


So Wednesday was remarkable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment